MAGIC, WWIN and OFFPRICE hosted their colocated event at the OCCC in Feb. 2021.
MAGIC Pop Up Orlando followed Informa AllSecure to offer a safe and productive trade show floor environment.
Ambassadors were present to remind attendees and exhibitors of policies and regulations.
Continuing to sustain new business and economic growth for the Central Florida region, the Orange County Convention Center (OCCC) recently welcomed MAGIC Pop-Up Orlando, OFFPRICE Orlando Market, and WWIN Orlando Showcase for three-days of face-to-face fashion buying and selling.
Safer, Stronger, Together
Informa Markets, Clarion Events and Tarsus Group planners took a Stronger Together approach to relocate their February 2021 market event safely to the Orange County Convention Center (OCCC).
“The health and safety of all those who participate is our utmost priority and the Orange County Convention Center provides the perfect venue to gather the market together, with a campus-like property and space to accommodate proper social distancing. It’s also in close outdoor walking proximity to hotels and restaurants, therefore limiting the need for shuttles - among other additional benefits,” said Clarion Events Executive Vice President, Desiree Hanson.
Attracting more than 20 events from competing destinations, the OCCC’s drive and commitment to Meeting Safely continues to resonate with the convention and trade show industry, offering practical and demonstrable examples on responsibly getting back to business.
MAGIC, OFFPRICE and WWIN planners worked cohesively with the OCCC team to provide a safe and productive trade show environment keeping safety at the forefront. Guided by Informa AllSecure – a detailed set of measures developed collaboratively with industry associations, event organizers and venues – organizers protected sellers, buyers and employees by:
- COVID-19 testing: requiring proof of a negative COVID-19 test on entry.
- Health partnerships: collaborating with certified COVID-19 testing companies to procure and administer tests to all attendees, exhibitors, staff and vendors, and work with Orlando Health for expert medical guidance and support.
- Cleaning and hygiene: increasing air circulation throughout the building, enhancing cleaning schedules and providing ample sanitation stations for personal hygiene.
- Physical distancing: facilitating a safe distance from other groups by offering a limited to no-contact registration process, wider aisles, credential scanning on entry for crowd management and rearranged furniture to avoid congregations and groupings.
- Detect and protect: monitoring temperatures on entry to the exhibit hall, face masks requirement, and providing access to a first aid responder for any immediate medical needs.
Driving the Local Economy Forward
As an important economic engine for the Central Florida region, events at the OCCC – such as MAGIC, OFFPRICE and WWIN – fuel the economy, driving local businesses, commerce and employment forward.
Attracting thousands to the Convention Center District, these three relocated events delivered substantial economic impact to the region, supporting local hotels, restaurants, retailers, and entertainment, not to mention sustaining revenue for the OCCC and its hundreds of full-time and contracted employees.
“We were honored to have played a role in successfully hosting the MAGIC Pop-Up Orlando, OFFPRICE Orlando Market, and WWIN Orlando Showcase,” said OCCC Executive Director Mark Tester. “Our commitment to keeping employees, guests and attendees healthy and safe is evident as we continue to lead our industry to a recovery by hosting modified events."
Learn more about Meeting Safely at the OCCC by visiting www.occc.net/meetingsafely, or engaging with #MeetingSafely on social media.
If you are interested in hosting your next event at The Center of Hospitality, please submit a Request for Proposal (RFP), or get in touch with our expert sales team by emailing email@example.com.