The Orange County Convention Center (OCCC) is demonstrating its unrivaled hospitality and innovative business strategy by creating Transformational Experiences for its clients and guests. The OCCC’s proven record of leadership in the business has resulted in a dozen industry recognitions for the Center and its dedicated staff in 2022.
Northstar Meetings Group recently awarded the Center with a 2022 Gold Stella Award – acknowledging its status as the best convention center in the Southeastern U.S. The Stella Awards recognize organizations from around the globe for consistently achieving overall excellence by delivering quality service and innovation to meeting and event professionals. This is the Center’s third consecutive year receiving this award.
Exhibitor Magazine, a leading publication for corporate trade show and event professionals, announced that the OCCC was selected as a Center of Excellence in the magazine’s 2023 list of the nation’s best centers and convention facilities for trade shows.
ConventionSouth, a leading meetings industry publication in the Southern U.S., awarded the Center with a 2022 Readers Choice Award. Top meeting professionals who hold events in the South came together to recognize the Center’s commitment to professionalism and world-class customer service, as it continues to create Transformational Experiences. This is the eleventh time that the OCCC has been presented a Reader’s Choice Award since its creation in 2001.
“Our goal at The Center of Hospitality is to be just that, a place where clients and guests can expect no less than world-class customer service for their meetings and events.” said OCCC Executive Director Mark Tester. “We aim above and beyond by utilizing our incredible, customizable spaces and 40 years of leadership in the industry to bring our clients’ imaginations to life.”
Additionally, various leading industry publications and organizations also recognized the Center and its staff this year with the following awards and recognitions:
- Smart Meetings recognized the OCCC as the 2022 Smart Stars Best Convention Center winner.
- Meetings Today named the OCCC one of the Best Convention Centers in the U.S. for 2022.
- The Orlando Business Journal recognized OCCC Executive Director Mark Tester as one of Orlando’s 2022 Power Players, a list of business leaders and executives helping to grow and innovate the way business is done throughout the region.
- Orlando Magazine recognized Executive Director Mark Tester as one of Orlando's 50 Most Powerful People in tourism and transportation.
- OCCC retired Deputy Director Yulita Osuba received the Events Industry Council’s (EIC) 2022 Adaptation and Innovation Award for her work during the pandemic and leadership in the industry.
- The Public Relations Society of America's Florida Sunshine District recognized the OCCC's Marketing and Communications team with four awards for their integrated communications work on the Center’s Business Better Than Usual campaign and video tactics, FY22-23 Sales and Marketing Plan and FY 20-21 Annual Report.
# # #
About the Orange County Convention Center
The award-winning Orange County Convention Center provides approximately $3 billion in economic impact to Central Florida annually. In recent years, the Convention Center has averaged nearly 200 events, including 115 conventions and tradeshows that attract more than 1.5 million attendees to the region each year. For more information about the Orange County Convention Center, visit www.occc.net.